Friday, November 03, 2006

regular wips on hold..

I am now on a mission to see howm any newborn baby cardigans I can make before sunday. As mentioned in yesterdays post my little nephew came into the world a little small, he wasn't premature just ickle. Myself and my mum are now busy knitting away so little harvey has some small clothes to wear. 've found a couple of basic patterns on-line and did about 1/3rd of one last night. I'm hoping to complete two my sunday. If anyone knows of any nice, free baby patterns for cardigans and jumpers could you leave a comment with a link. I have an abundance of Debbie Bliss Baby Cashmerino so he's going to be a lucky boy with very squishy clothes.

I ordered my first issue of IK a while ago (fall 06) and it arrived today. I had never seen a copy before and really wanted to make the swallowtail shawl so thought that was a good issue to get - I can now see why so many people rave about it. It is fantastic, so many great patterns - i had been trying to find a nice masculine sock pattern for a while and the Father & Son socks are just perfect.

For all you swap addicts out there, there is a new one open for sign-ups, themed around winter
, Winter Wonderland Swap and dishcloths. It seems like fun to me.

Hopefully my camara will be back with me on monday so you can all laugh at our halloween/birthday antics. I really must go as I can hear the Eastenders theme music starting...

1 comment:

Piglottie said...

Congratulations on the arrival of your nephew! And I love the name Harvey.

Check out here for lots of free patterns http://www.knittingpatterncentral.com/directory/baby_clothing.php

PS: I love the Swallow Tail shawl too, on my very long to do list!