Saturday, November 04, 2006

Knit Mitt Kit Swap Questions

What are your favorite colors? Pink and purple, but i'm really into browns, creams, greens and burnt oranges this autumn as well.
Are you a new mitt knitter? I've never knit a complete mitt, only fingerless mitts, but I plan on making some complete mitts soon
How long have you been knitting mittens? I've been knitting for a just under a year and made my first fingerless mitt around march this year.
Do you prefer solid or multicolored yarn? I like both, it depends on the pattern. I love variagted yarn but sometimes solid is needed to show off the pattern.
What fibers do you prefer in mitten yarn? Anything natural and warm, except mohair and angora as I am allergic. I not only get a rash but in great quantities I have a mild asthma attack. I am fine with alpaca though.
Where do you usually knit mittens? I do most of my knitting in front of the TV, snuggles up on or in bed. Although I can be seen knitting whilst bored at uni.
How do you usually carry/store small projects? I have a tin from the Knit Tin or I use a make-up bag. (minus make-up of course)
What are your favorite mitten patterns? I love Tua Cha, and can;t wait to cast on Fetching. I haven't really explored patterns for full mittens yet.
What are your favorite mitten knitting techniques? I love cables, and knit in the round on dpns.
What new techniques would you like to try? Making proper warm mittens, and maybe thrumming. I've seen this technique briefly, it looks interesting and very warm.
What are your favorite needles for knitting mittens? I always use bamboo or wooden needles as I suffer from joint and muscle pains. My faves are Brittany Birch but i'm not fussed.
What are some of your favorite yarns? I'm really into Cashmerino at the moment after making a pair of bed socks out of it, so soft and squishy and so warm.
What yarn do you totally covet? Sugar n Cream (not available in UK) and Socks that Rock (again not readily aviable in UK). I have a reasonably small stash and I'm still quite new to knitting so I like to be introduced to new yarns, especially those that aren't readily available in UK.
Any pattern you would love to make if money and time were no object? If money were no object Stitch Diva Simple Knitted Bodice using Tilli Thomas Pure Silk and Rock Star. If time were no object probably a huge cabled throw - similar to the one in IK fall '06.
Favorite kind of needles (brand, materials, straights or circs, etc)? I use straights, circs and dpns depending on project but as mentioned bamboo or wood. Brittany Birch are my striaghts/dpns of choice whereas Addi bamboo circs are my circs of choice.
If you were a specific kind of yarn, which brand and kind of yarn would you be? I would have to be sock yarn from the Yarn Yard in Puzzle - purely because I won a skein and I NEVER win anything. It is a myriad of cool calming blue colours but with a name Puzzle you know nothing will be straightforward.
Do you have a favorite candy or mail-able snack? I'm an absolute chocoholic. but anything sweet is fine by me. I also LOVE Jelly Bellys.
What’s your favorite animal? Polar Bear
Would you prefer super warm mittens or something more like fingerless mitts? Probably something superwarm as I have various pairs on fingerless and it is beginning to get cold here in UK now.
If you were a color what color would you be? I don't think I could be just one colour, I have too many differetn aspects to me. Is it cheating to say a rainbow.
What is your most inspiring image, flower, or object in nature? The human body in general inspires me. I find the workings of it amazing and the picture in Life by Lennart Nilsson totally inspire me.
Do you have a wishlist? Yes, with amazon and angel yarns
Anything else you’d like to share with the group today? I am really looking foward to taking part in this swap!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I've gathered some excellent ideas from your questionnaire responses and I'm really excited to begin gathering a glorious package for you.

You have me curious about 'thrumming'. A little research is in my future.

I, too, love cinnamon jelly bellys and covet Tilli Tomas.

xo - your KMKS pal.