Tuesday, September 05, 2006

How lucky am I?

I received my parcel from my fave colour swap pal this morning. This was a pleasant surprise as I wasn't expecting it until the end of the week. My pal was none other than the hostess of the swap Nicole who revealed herself on a gorgeous postcard.
My parcel was full to bursting with a myriad of purple and even though I was still half asleep when it arrived I managed to grab the camara before ripping it open.

Before...

and after...

In my parcel was:

  • chocolates (mmm)
  • Purple & pink notepads
  • Purple pen
  • Pink buttons (from Nicole's vintage collection)
  • Pink & purple pot (which will be used as a make-up brush holder)
  • Purple sitich markers
  • Wool wash - which smells divine and will be perfect to wash my Rowan Plaid sweater in (when it gets finished)
  • 3, yes 3 balls of Sugar n Cream cotton
  • Knitpicks Memories 100% merino yarn - in a colourway that is just so me, which I am probably going to make into a felted pencil case for uni, decorated with the pink vintage buttons.

The pink and purple notepads, pen and stitch markers

and a close up of those stitch markers...

Sugar n Cream in Jewel, Grape & Patio Pink

and finally the Knitpicks Memories in Rocky Mountain Dusk

This was the first swap that I have participated in and I have really really enjoyed it. It has however made me realise how nice the Sugar n Cream cotton is and I just the love the Knitpicks yarn that I am beginning to wish we could get both in the UK. It is possible to ship SnC over from various websites but Knitpicks don't ship internationally which I think is just so unfair. I think all us UK (and Europe) knitters should petition Knitpicks to get shipping over here.

A big THANK YOU goes to Nicole for being such a great swap pal!

I'm now waiting my pal receiving here parcel...I only hope she is a happy as I am with mine.

2 comments:

Nichole said...

Hey there! I'm so glad you like it! If you ever need more Sugar and Cream cotton, let me know, and maybe we can work out some way to get it to you.

Miss Priss Knits said...

What a Great box of Goodies you got! Nichole's Favorite Color Swap was fun. HOpe she decides to do another one;)