Tuesday, July 25, 2006

yet more new projects

I'm blaming the heat for the insanity of casting on yet more projects. I have decided to give Branching Out another try. I am using Debbie Bliss Baby Cashmerino with 5.5mm bamboo needles and after one pattern repeat am quite pleased with the result. This is my first proper lace project and am hoping it will be a xmas pressie for my mum. When i have completed a few more repeats I will post picks.
I attempted Short Circuit last night but it didn't seem to do the 'curly wurly' thing, i may not have been patient enough, and frogged it, but am def gonna try again later, probably making it slightly wider. The Booga Bag has yet to be cast on but no doubt will be in a few days as am feeling excited about felting. I will be using Noro Kureyon for it. The heat seems perfect weather as things dry so much quicker.

I finished Sophie really quickly and felted it just before we left for my parents, leaving it to dry whilst we were away. I am pleased with the result although i don't think I blocked it as well as i could have in the rush to leave the house. It was also an experiment piece so I wasn't expecting perfection. I like the stripe design I used and the two coloured handle.



The colours are much brighter, but indoor photos all dull down colour. I used Cascade 220 in 8885 (purple) and 8903 (green).

3 comments:

Zonda said...

Nice job on that! I see the felting bug is alive ;)

k said...

That is really pretty!! I especially love the handle.

Lyndsey-Jane said...

Thank You. Aw I adapted the pattern to striped I thought I'd utilise the twisted handle to shoe off the two colours.