Tuesday, July 11, 2006

New Yarn

My parcel arrived from Get Knitted today with the extra ball of Debbie Bliss cashmerino I needed to complete my stashbusting scarf and with it was the other yarn I treated myself to. My boyfriend was a bit disappointed as they used to put lollies or sweets in the parcels along with a pen and this time there was a nice smelly candle. He was looking forward to the sweets, I on the other hand appreciated the nice candle.


The Cashmerino isn't shown here but there is the Noro Kureyon (Shade 164 ), Cascade 220 (shade 8885) and Lorna's Laces Shepherd Sock (Natural)

I am going to make another Fan the Flames from this as a Christmas present for my Nan. I thought that the natural colour was a good colour choice as it will show of the lace effect on the ends whilst being neutral. I haven't ever used this yarn before but know it is very popular. I hope to make some socks out of it soon.

The Noro yarn is going to be used to make a Irish Hiking Scarf, I have got enough yarn to make matching cabled wristwarmers either Tua Cha or Fetching. Noro is a yarn that I have wanted to work with for a while but as so much of it contains mohair (of which I am allergic) I am somewhat limited but the Kureyon is 100% wool. I am very excited about casting on this project but will refrain as will make the plain scarf first.

This is the Cascade 220 in a gorgeous deep purple. I will use this first to make the IHS,and wristwarmers and then use the Noro for the second one. Both of these will be for me but I am planning to make an IHS, cable wristwarmers and hat for my best friend but am unsure at the moment to which colour to use.

If you are beginning to see a pattern in that all my yarn is either green or pink/purple I'm afraid that I absolutely love pink and purple and have many clothes/accessories etc in these colours but also have a lot clothes/accessories in khaki green and brown. I will make an effort to branch away from these colours but can't promise too much.

The Tua Cha wristwarmers are now finished and I am just waiting for the autumn to wear them. I plan on finishing the Fan the Flames scarf in green by the end of the week and casting on the IHS. I may well cast on the voodoo wristwarmers or the maybe a more challenging pair of socks. In the mean time I want to make a pink hairband from some Sirdar Tufty I found lying around especially for the Race for Life and maybe yarn allowing will make some simple wristbands.

2 comments:

Lynda Lambert said...

Here's an idea for you. You can cast on both of the Irish Hiking Scarves on one needle and work them both at the same time....just a thought. No dilemma that way.

Karla said...

Oh my! What lovely yarn! Talk about "Color"...I'm GREEN!