Sunday, October 01, 2006

SP9 questionnaire

1. What is/are your favorite yarn/s to knit with?
I love knitting with natural fibres (wool, alpaca). I love the feel of Cherry Tree Hill Supersock Merino.
What fibers do you absolutely *not* like?
I don't like acrylic as I find it makes my hands itch and i am allergic to mohair and angora
2. What do you use to store your needles/hooks in?
I have a couple of needle holder but don't have one for my dpns or circs.
3. How long have you been knitting & how did you learn?
I was originally taught to knit, by my Mum 20 years ago but was awful and didn't pick up needles again until xmas 2005 when I was bought a 'knit your own scarf kit' the rest they say is history.
Would you consider your skill level to be beginner, intermediate or advanced?
I suppose I would say I was internediate. I still haven't ventured into colourwork but am competent with cables and intermediate lace.
4. Do you have an Amazon or other online wish list?
Yes a few, at amazon.co.uk (search lyndsey-jane copeman, the hobbies list has my knitting/crochet wishlist) I also have a wishlist I put together for my birthday so this can be e-mailed if requested.
5. What's your favorite scent? (for candles, bath products, etc.)
I love most smells, but this time of year (autumn/fall) I especially like spicy scents like cinnamon, clove etc. Warming deep scents as opposed to fresh clean summer scents.
6. Do you have a sweet tooth?
Oh yes!!!!
Favorite candy?
Anything that doesn't have dried fruit (sultanas etc) in it. I'm also not that fond of mints or mint flavoured things. I love coffee flavours, nuts and marzipan, all the better if covered in chocolate.
7. What other crafts or Do-It-Yourself things do you like to do?
I make card and scrap-book but do this a lot less these days due to time constrants I would love to learn to crochet.
Do you spin? Alas no.
8. What kind of music do you like?
Most I have a very eclectic music taste. Rock, metal, folk, indie, classical etc
Can your computer/stereo play MP3s? (if your buddy wants to make you a CD)
Yes
9. What's your favorite color(s)?
I love pinks and purples, the brighter the better and have a very pink bedroom but my wardrobe this season is based around chocolate brown and khaki green.
Any colors you just can't stand?
Not a great fan of yellows and oranges
10. What is your family situation?
I live my boyfriend Karl
Do you have any pets?
We have 7 hamsters
11. Do you wear scarves, hats, mittens or ponchos?
scarves -alot
hats - occasionally when it gets really cold
mittens - I'm more of a glove person
ponchos - no
12. What is/are your favorite item/s to knit?
I am addicted to sock knitting as it is portable, quick and cheap
13. What are you knitting right now?
ISE 3 scarf
Freedom Spirit Scarf (for my Mum)
Denmark Socks (from Knitting on the Road by Nancy Bush)
Rowan Plaid Scarf
14. Do you like to receive handmade gifts?
Most definetely
15. Do you prefer straight or circular needles?
I've only used circs a few times, so am more accustomed to straights but I do want to branch out into knitting top-down tops.
Bamboo, aluminum, plastic?
Most definetely bamboo or wood. I am a BIG fan of Brittany Birch. I suffer from joint pain and find aluminium/plastic painful after a short while.
16. Do you own a yarn winder and/or swift?
No, (not unless you include a clothes horse and a boyfriend) but would love one.
17. How old is your oldest UFO?
About 2 weeks. I took part in UFO august so managed to erridicate the UFO pile.
18. What is your favorite holiday?
I suppose it would be Xmas/New Year as I love cooking and this is a great time be practice my domestic goddess skills. I am also a big fan of winter so love the weather at this time.
19. Is there anything that you collect?
I don't collect anything.
20. Any books, yarns, needles or patterns out there you are dying to get your hands on?
I would love a copy of the Stitch Diva Simple Knitted Bodice pattern as I really really want to knit it. I would love to get a chance to knit some socks with Socks That Rock yarn. I also love Sugar n Cream cotton.
What knitting magazine subscriptions do you have?
I don't suscribe to any.
21. Are there any new techniques you'd like to learn?
I am taking part in My First Toe-Up for Socktoberfest to learn toe-up socks. I really want to pluckup the courage to do some colourwork but the idea scares me.
22. Are you a sock knitter?
Oh yes, yes, yes.
What are your foot measurements?
tbc
23. When is your birthday? (mm/dd)
November 1st (i'll be 30 this year which I am finding quite traumatic!)

No comments: