Saturday, August 26, 2006

Saturday Sky

Today's sky looks alot better in the photo than in reality and is becoming more overcast as time passes.

Knitting has taken a back seat today as I decided to spend the weekend baking. Something I love doing but just don't seem to have the time or inclination to do much of. Today will just be a small amount with the bulk tomorrow. Planned bakes include flapjacks, fairy cakes, chocolate sponge cake, chocolate biscuits, danish pastrys (cinnamon and almond) and cheese scones. I think now is the time to point out that we are having family over on Monday so it won't just be myself and Karl eating these goodies.
As we speak I have a syrup sponge pudding boiling away on the hob and bread dough prooving on the side next to it. I have never attempted to make bread before, well not properly, I have a bread machine but I really wanted to get back to basics. I nearly managed to do all the kneading myself and only called in Karl after 7 minutes or so. I am so proud of my dough that I even took a photo to share with you all.




And for those of you wishing to join in this baking extravaganza these are my can't live without books.

How To Be A Domestic Godess by Nigella Lawson

Leith's Cookery Bible by Prue Leith & Caroline Waldegrave

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I love to bake! I have since I was young. Your package should be in the mail soon- I just need to wrap it and get everything together!

-Secret Swap Pal

Rosie said...

Drool! And thanks for the congrats and kind comments over at my blog. X