Thursday, August 24, 2006

More finished socks and free yarn!

I have finished the Ribbbed Socks and love them. I finished them last night and have been wearing them today. I love the feel of the yarn and it is so nice to knit with. This pattern knits up really quickly.
ribbed socks



Pattern: Cherry Tree Hill Ribbed Supersock
Yarn: Cherry Tree Hill Supersock in Northern Lights
Needles: Brittany Birch 2.75mm dpns
Modifications: None

I suppose you want to know about the free yarn, ok, I ordered a couple of balls of Rowan Plaid in Sea Mist from MCA Direct as I didn't want to run out when I knit my jumper and the company I got the original lot from have sold out. The parcel arrived today and they had sent me Sea Thistle instead, a lovely colour but not what I wanted. I e-mailed them and they said to keep the yarn sent by mistake and they would send the correct out asap. I give them 10/10 for customer servive as I sent the e-mail at 4.30pm and got a reply within 10minutes. The problem is what do I do with 200g of Rowan Plaid? Any suggestions.

I also received some Sirdar Pure Cotton and Sirder Breeze cotton as I have joined the Monthly Dishcloth KAL.The colours aren't great but they were reduced so worth it for experiment knitting. Everyone seems obsessed with knitting dishcloths so I'd thought I would see what the fuss was about. If it's as good as the hype then I may have to order some Sugar n Cream from the US. This months discloth has a lighthouse on it so I'm definetely trying that one especially as we are off to stay in a lighthouse next month.

Of late the knitting has almost seemed a chore, my mind just hasn't been focused enough but that is all in the past now. I had worries about returning to Uni as I had missed alot of last year because of the Chronic Fatigue but I am now retaking my 2nd without penalty and feel much happier about. I know it means another of study but atleast now my grades with reflect my ability. This has mad so much of a difference that i'm itching to pick up the needles.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Lovely socks! Thank you for knitting them as I have the exact yarn in my stash and wondered how it would knit up :)