I made a conscious effort not to sign-up to any swaps as I have a busy university schedule over the next semester but decided to a make the exception for Secret Pal 10 (and the International Tote Exchange 3). I really enjoyed SP9 and like the idea of swapping over a peroid of time as opposed to a once off swap.
So here is my Questionnaire for SP10
1. What is/are your favorite yarn/s to knit with? Anthing as long as it is natural. Would love to try some of the more bizzare fibres e.g. seasilk, bamboo (not so bizzare anymore) etc
What fibers do you absolutely *not* like? Mohair and angora because I am allergic
2. What do you use to store your needles/hooks in? I have needle cases for my straights and my dpns(my dpn case is getting full) but my circulars are just in there packets in my bag.
3. How long have you been knitting & how did you learn? I orignally "learnt" when I was 9 - I was awful! I re-learnt Xmas 2005 when I received a scarf kit as a present from my Mum.
Would you consider your skill level to be beginner, intermediate or advanced? I would class myself as an advanced beginner/intermediate.
4. Do you have an Amazon or other online wish list? Many of differing sorts but the knitting/craft books are on the main one
5. What's your favorite scent? I love the smell of lavender, vanilla and ylang ylang. I also love the smell of coffee, citrus smells and fresh smells
6. Do you have a sweet tooth? Yes but I am on a diet, I have an addiction to Millstones Coffee and Adagio Teas(which are not available in the UK) so in moderation
Favorite candy? I love nutty chocolate and Jelly Bellys
7. What other crafts or Do-It-Yourself things do you like to do? I used to make cards/scrap-book no longer have time. I have tried dying and as soon the weather improves in the UK will defintely be having another go.
Do you spin? No, but I keep looking a drop spindles and wondering how hard it is!
8. What kind of music do you like? Everything and anything. There is usually an 'on my ipod' section on the sidebar which changes periodically
Can your computer/stereo play MP3s? (if your buddy wants to make you a CD). Yes
9. What's your favorite color(s)? Pinks, reds and oranges (the brighter the better), purples and greens (think Lime n Violet) as well as chocolate brown.
Any colors you just can't stand? Not a fan of gold(en)
10. What is your family situation? Live with ex boyfriend (who is now housemate)
Do you have any pets? Hamsters
11. Do you wear scarves, hats, mittens or ponchos? Scarves, hats and mittens. Not ponchos as such but like capelets.
12. What is/are your favorite item/s to knit? Socks, lace shawls, top-down raglans.
13. What are you knitting right now? Socks, Forest Canopy Shawl, Corazon & Bulky Green Cables
14. Do you like to receive handmade gifts? Most definetely
15. Do you prefer straight or circular needles? Either/both
Bamboo, aluminum, plastic? Wood or bamboo
16. Do you own a yarn winder and/or swift? I was bought a ball winder for Xmas but haven't yet purchased a swift
17. How old is your oldest UFO? Forest Canopy Shawl is about 3 months old.
18. What is your favorite holiday? Don't really have one
19. Is there anything that you collect? No
20. Any books, yarns, needles or patterns out there you are dying to get your hands on? For books see Amazon Wish List.Yarn I would love to try is Malabrigo (as everyone raves about is softness.) I have also been looking at the South West Trading Yarn especially the Tofutsie sock yarn and the Vickie Howell Yarn.Hand Maiden Seasilk. Being from the UK if I have a pal from US some Knitpicks would be cool as it is impossible to get over here.
What knitting magazine subscriptions do you have? None - but I buy Interweave Knits
21. Are there any new techniques you'd like to learn? I am currently getting to grips with stranded colorwork and conquered cables last year. I plan to advance my lace skills this summer.
22. Are you a sock knitter? Yes, yes and yes!!!
What are your foot measurements? I am a UK5. I have slightly wide feet so tend to make socks for myself with a bit stretch.
23. When is your birthday? 1st Novemember
To my Pal - anything else you need to know just e-mail me!