Friday, February 02, 2007

Silent Poetry Reading

I saw this is Bekki's blog (then it seemed to appear everywhere)

WHAT: A Bloggers' (Silent) Poetry Reading
WHEN: Anytime February 2, 2007
WHERE: Your blog
WHY: To celebrate the Feast of Bridgid, aka Groundhog Day
HOW: Select a poem you like - by a favorite poet or one of your own - to post February 2nd.
RSVP: If you plan to publish, feel free to leave a comment and link on this post.

I had a hard time trying to decided on just one but I went for tradition over contemporary

He Wishes For The Cloth Of Heaven

Had I the heavens' embroidered cloths,
Enwrought with golden and silver light,
Of night and light and the half-light,
I would spread the cloths under your feet:
But I, being poor, have only my dreams;
I have spread my dreams under your feet;
Tread softly because you tread on my dreams

W.B Yeats

1 comment:

Piglottie said...

Wonderful choice. :)